Spätburgunder, Portugieser and Dornfelder dominate the twelve reds. When it comes to white grape varieties, Riesling and Silvaner are ahead. Ingelheim wines have won multiple awards. The city wine cuvée "Carolus" in honor of Charlemagne is a special drop. It is available from 14 winegrowers as well as the tourist information and the museum's visitor center. Recommendations for a visit to Ingelheim: wine tasting and shopping at the Ingelheim winemakers, red wine festival, wine mile.
White grape varieties have dominated the Rhine Valley since Roman times. Except here in Ingelheim - our favorite color is red! Yours too? Then read
• how Charlemagne brought red wine
• which red grape varieties thrive here best
• where to taste wine and shop
• which wine experiences we recommend to you
• why you should give the Carolus a try.