The Ohrbrücker Tor is one of the old city gates of the former fortifications of Ober-Ingelheim and was extensively renovated a few years ago., © Rainer Oppenheimer© Rainer Oppenheimer

47 hits

The present street “An der Burgkirche” between the market place and Burgkirche was formerly known as Kirchgasse (Church Alley). There a remarkable collection of mainly baroque buildings has been almost completely preserved. Typical examples are the butcher’s house (No. 1) and the protestant parish house (No 7). Especially imposing is house No. 10, which derives from 1740, in which a kindergarten has been located since 1952. It has a high mansard roof, stone window cladding and so-called ear-frames, an artistically wrought...

  Due to the corona pandemic, the tower must unfortunately remain closed until further notice and a visit is not possible. The 31m high tower was built on the Westerberg between 1907 and 1912 by the then just created Bismarck society. It was an expression of patriotic feelings and a counterpart of the Niederwald-monument at Rüdesheim, erected in 1871. The architect Wilhelm Kreis from Eltville created an edifice combining art nouveau and neo-Romanism. This style became a pattern for similar monuments of Bismarck adoration...

The Kaiserpfalz Research Centre of the City of Ingelheim and the Museum bei der Kaiserpfalz are responding to the corona-related restrictions with a special cooperation: From Tuesday, 13 April, historian Miriam Maslowski (Museum bei der Kaiserpfalz) will present a series of outstanding female personalities of the High Middle Ages in a digital guided tour on YouTube : They were all rulers who possessed an astonishing amount of power and for a time even guided the fortunes of the Holy Roman Empire. All five empresses are also known to have...

The lower part of Stiegelgasse and Edelgasse form one of the early cores of Ober-Ingelheim’s settlement. Here a significant number of aristocratic estates were concentrated. Most were singular farmsteads surrounded by large gardens or parks. The estate Stiegelgasse 65 with the Bodepark once belonged to the von Beuser family, one of the two sidelines of an early mentioned old Ingelheim kin of nobles. Around 1837, on this site, the estate of the wine and vinegar merchant Philipp August Gerhard was created, using old foundations. The...

offers much more

Events & Wine festivals

in Rheinhessen

back

Events & Wine festivals in Rheinhessen