The Catholic parish church of St. Michael from the 18th century is in Frei-Weinheim. She belongs to the parish group of Catholic Churches Ingelheim KKI, which also includes St. Remigius, St. Marie and St. Paulus.
The Catholic parish church of St. Michael is a baroque hall building from 1762. It was built on the foundation of the St. Nicholas chapel from 1333 after it burned down during the Thirty Years' War. By the beginning of the 20th century, St. Michael had to withstand four major floods, so and because of the lack of space, the Frei-Weinheimers decided to build a new parish church, the Gustav-Adolf-Kirche.
A replica of the plague cross can be seen in the church.