At the beginning of the 20th century, the up-and-coming fishing village of Frei-Weinheim needed a larger Protestant church.
It was inaugurated in 1910: the Gustav Adolf Church. Until 1958 Frei-Weinheim was a branch of the castle church in Ober-Ingelheim. Then the parish joined forces with Gau-Algesheim and became independent. In 1964 a new Reconciliation Church was put into service, suddenly the Gustav Adolf parish had two churches. In the same spring, however, the parish offices of Frei-Weinheim and West separated. In 1973 the reconciliation parish in Ingelheim-West became independent.
The Gustav Adolf Church is equipped with stained glass windows with scenes from the New Testament, of Christ and King Gustav Adolf of Sweden, original wooden furnishings, Doric column portico, reconstructed Art Nouveau painting.